Downsizing for a Life Afloat
Step by Step Process for Downsizing to Move Onto a Boat
You're excited about your new life aboard a sailboat, but...
You’re overwhelmed by the thought of getting rid of all your stuff. You just want to skip to the part where you’re anchored in a beautiful harbor in the Bahamas! Who doesn’t?!
Do you have dreams of sailing off into the sunset... of dropping an anchor in a beautiful harbor with crystal clear water, with a private beach all to yourself?
Do you read countless blogs of people who are living a life that's carefree and simple, wishing you could live that way, too?
You KNOW you want to move onto a boat, to live a life that, even with all of its sacrifices, is authentic to you. A life that truly feeds your soul.
But when you look around at your house... at all of your stuff... you feel overwhelmed. You know you can't take all of it with you, but where do you even begin?
Introducing... Downsizing for a Life Afloat
This 4-week course will walk you step-by-step through the downsizing process and give you the resources you need to downsize your entire home immediately.
Imagine what your life could look like...
- You’ve downsized your home and you’re closer to your dream of living on a sailboat
- You’ve changed your relationship with stuff, so you’re no longer held captive by the things you own
- You have the satisfaction of knowing that what remains are the things you use or absolutely love
- You have more money to save or invest
- You’re surrounded by like-minded boaters who understand what it’s like to live simply
- You wake up each morning… on the water… and pinch yourself because you can’t believe this is your life
What you'll learn when you enroll in this course...
- How to immediately identify what can be thrown away without guesswork or thought. Just toss it!
- How to change your “attachment” mindset so you can confidently assess what items no longer fit into your new life, and how to respectfully (and willingly) let them go.
- What to do with the big-ticket items that you spent so much money on (this tip alone could save you over $1,000 per year!).
- The secrets to successfully selling your stuff (and making way more than you would have without them).
- How to manage your digital assets (just because they aren’t taking up physical room doesn’t mean they’re not taking up mental energy!).
- For many sailors, this course pays for itself in 1 month, just based on what you could save on storage units alone!
Get started now!
"This course is in a fun and easy style... Downsizing ain't fun, and having what feels like a friend to cheer you on and joke around with you makes it much easier!
- Kathlyn L., s/v Carrie Trade
"Great job in putting together suggestions, cohesive lists, plans of actions and other ideas to help us through this time after years of antiquing/collecting and holding on to all those tchotchkes we hold near & dear! Sure did put me in a "detached" state of mind and made 30+ years of downsizing easier than I ever thought possible. Much thanks & highly recommend!"
- Jill Wylly
This course includes:
4 Weekly Modules
Private Facebook Group
Inside the Facebook group, you can get answers to all of your questions, share your journey and struggles, and chat with other like-minded students and me about the downsizing process and how much freedom you’re adding to your life!
Module 1: In this module, we go after the low-hanging fruit -- the obvious junk. There should be little or no pain here. Chris will take you room by room to jumpstart your downsizing process. You'll also get downloadable resources which can be used through the entire course.
Module 2: In module 2, things get a little more serious. You'll go after items that are not so easy to downsize. This is where you choose what will go with you into the next phase of your life.
Module 3: This module is all about the "Sell." Learn the secrets to getting more money for your items by taking photos and writing listings that get clicked and translate to higher-dollar sales. You'll also learn the ins and outs of an estate sale (and what you should do if you're considering one). This is the module where all of their hard work starts to literally pay off.
Module 4: The final module is all about making the most of the virtual world. Clutter is clutter, no matter if it's on your desktop or in your garage. This module will walk you through managing and organizing digital records. You'll also learn about things like how to get mail anywhere in the world, and several options to maximize your time, digitize your files, and reduce distractions as you head into your less cluttered life.
We wrap it all up by giving you valuable tips, skills, and tangible resources that you can continue to use throughout your downsizing adventure and beyond.
This course is for you if:
- You dream of moving onto a boat and you understand to get there you need to downsize, you just don’t know where to start
- You feel overwhelmed when you look at all of your stuff
- You don’t want to get rid of everything… you want to keep the essentials + the things that are meaningful, but you need a little help in determining the difference
- You worry that all of your stuff is holding you back from your dreams
This course is not for you if:
- You aren’t willing to change your mindset and your relationship with your stuff
- You’re not willing to put in the work – downsizing requires effort
- You want advice on sailing or what kind of boat to move onto... that's not what this course is about
- You’ve already downsized enough to move onto a boat. Congratulations! You do not need this course! I’m happy for you!
Hi! I'm Chris DiCroce.
I believe you need less stuff than you think to be happy.
How do I know? Because I've done it.
In 2012, my wife and I went from an 1,100 square foot house (with a guest house + storage shed) to a 35-foot sailboat… and still had empty space on the boat!
For 6 years, we lived and traveled on our boat – with our 50lb Dutch Shepherd – and lived very comfortably, not wanting for more stuff or a bigger boat.
And we did it all without resorting to extreme minimalism or sacrificing the things we loved.
Downsizing was a lot of work, but the methods we used weren't complicated. We turned them into a game of sorts.
I created this course so I could share these methods with you – so I can help you take this giant leap toward your dream of a life afloat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
“When everything is precious, nothing is precious.”